View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Heart

I wonder if I can share my nose story with KathyM.

Basil cell is absolutely the one to have of the three possibilities. *grin. That's what mine was....the only problem with me was the dermatologist told me
over two years ago that it was just a birthmark...absolutely nothing to worrry about and she didn't even biopsy it. Took pictures of it, measured it...had me come back in a year so she could take more pictures of it. When I got another one last January, at the top of my nose (first one was at the bottom of my nose) she decided that she'd better biopsy both of them. Both were cancer that had been running around under my skin for over two years...hence I needed to have the mohes (sp?) procedure on both of them.

I needed reconstructive surgery because I had two quarter size holes..one at the top of my nose and the other at the bottom. The damage would not have been nearly as extensive if they had been correctly diagnosed when I first went in.

So good girl! I'm so glad you are taking care of this. Don't let my story scare you....it's one of poor doctoring..I now have a new, wonderful dr. who already did surgery on my "lip" for a third one.

I think a lot of people my age are having this....I'm blue eyed, fair complected and we never heard of sun block when I was growing up.

I wonder if Ray knows he's one of my heroes!

And Curious is right, as usual.

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote