Thread: For David
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 03:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Book

Hi Alffe (thanks for this thread and link!!!)

David, I saw your message in the "cheer" thread - I'd love to help you with learning how to put your photos to music!

I'm self-taught troubleshooter... I enjoy fiddling with the programs until I get better and better. I'm always learning and improving. I love it.
Warning, though, its addictive and can be time consuming! Before I know it, I haven't eaten or left my desk chair - I have to set the timer for discipline!... LOL... but the reward of the time spent is so heart-warming, its worth it!

So, first, I'd like to suggest you see if you can figure this out yourself - and any questions - just ask away. I'll get back to you as soon as I can (via this venue). We can go to PM if others ask us too, otherwise, I don't think it matters if we continue to write here. Others may want to try this, too!

FIRST:
CREATE A SLIDE SHOW using one of the 3 methods below:

1) POWERPOINT - if you have it on your computer already - its great! You can be really fancy with it or plain and simple!

2) Use an online SLIDESHOW website: If you haven't uploaded any of your photos to the internet, my best recommendation for a FREE SERVICE website is Photo Bucket: http://photobucket.com/ I use it for my eBay business - store all my photos there - its FREE and excellent! (I believe the Kodak and many other photo websites may also offer these free services??? and most people have their favourites - mine just happens to be photobucket)
Once you have uploaded the pictures you want to use, you can use their "SLIDESHOW" feature to put together your creation.

3) PHOTO STORY 3 FOR WINDOWS - A more advanced program/system that I use - it is FREE from MICROSOFT - from their website. Only hitch is this - you have to have the ID numbers that came when you purchased your Windows system.

NEXT STEP is adding Music which we can get to when you have become familiar with the above

Whenever you have a question, I'll be here to answer.
Its a busy time of year for all of us ... so, we'll see where this goes.

Addy
Addy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote