View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 04:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hey Kes

I am always sorry to hear of anyone so young having to deal with this monster called RSD, my heart goes out to you. After reading yours and other posts I am wondering if you could tell me how long ago you were diagnosed. I too am very surprised that they have not tried blocks on you, and would surely recommend it. As for what your doctors say about your career being kaput....All I can say to that is don't take to heart what every doc says. Some of them can be very insensitive and they don't realize that they can create self-fulfilling prophecies. I was diagnosed with RSD when I was 24, and at that time I was told I would not walk again. I do walk most days and I also chase after two young children - I sometimes have to do things differently than other people, but my children are happy, healthy and well adjusted and tearing up the house as we speak. I had just started my career at the time RSD hit and had a great job as a counselor in a Toronto Hospital....yes, that career was over. Now I volunteer helping counsel troubled teens and run a support group - it is much different than what I planned on, but rewarding in its own way. To the next doctor that makes a remark like that to you - well, I have found over the years it is always very satisfying when I can throw something back at them - like 'thank you for your opinion, but right now I am focusing on what I can do.' Keep pushing for treatment my friend, there are many out there that are worth trying and have helped tremendously for some people...just always research them a bit first if you can. I am sure that there are a lot of caring people here that can help answer questions too. Hang in there my friend!
Gentle huggs
Kimberly
walkofflame is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote