View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 04:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart muscle fatigue

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
A basic question, not really related to the diagnosis issue: What is the best way to manage muscle fatigue that interferes with tasks you need to do?

For example, when you get fatigued, is it OK to rest until you can go back to the task, or is that not good in the long run? .... let's say you are chopping veggies and your arm muscles fatigue. Is it sufficient to wait until you can pick up the knife and chop some more, rest, chop, rest, chop until the job is done? Or is the short recovery, intermittant rest technique going to get me into more trouble -- like a more generalized fatigue? When that happens I can get winded very easily. It's a little scary, actually.

Thanks for any and all responses. I'm trying to get an idea of what it is like to live with this...

Happy holidays, all!
-Shari
Shari, If you don't rest you may chop off your finger. Myasthenia Gravis in Greek is "Grave Muscle Disease". 3 years ago I could not brush my teeth because lifting my arms that high was impossible. By listening to my body and pushing it as often as possible, I now go to the gym, horseback ride, golf and ride my bicycle weekly. Do not get impatient and keep forging on. If you only have a handful of energy, be sure to use it wisely. You can not expend what you do not have..
Merry Christmas,
Vicky
msvicky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote