View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 06:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Exclamation

Hi Momz,

I really have to agree that you need to have this checked out...just in case. It is a hassle, but TOS symptoms can be very similar to a Heart Attack. I have had to wear 24 hour heart monitors and a bunch of other tests because of chest pain and pain down the left arm. Sound familiar?

You might try one of those 24 hour medical clinics, although I would call to determine if they have the equip. for proper tests. They will probably tell you to go the the hospital, because time is obviously of the essence with chest pain.

I had fairly routine chest pain when I was still working or when attempting to exercise, (you know, walk slowly on a treadmill even). The asthma is nothing to take lightly if you are feeling panicky at all.

The last time I had chest pain of note, it was triggered by a stressful event and I could not sit/stand/lay down, or even hardly breathe, without extreme discomfort.

You can have a 'pharmaceutical' stress test which means you will have stress on your heart via drugs and not on the treadmill. Otherwise, it would be impossible to determine if your resulting symptoms were related to heart issues or TOS.

It really is not worth the risk to ignore your symptoms, especially since women commonly have heart attacks. If you are having surgery, that stress may be triggering this, but you don't want surgery if your heart is acting up either.

Just TRY not to be overwhelmed and take care of yourself as you would your own child.

Warmly,
Anne
Bi-Coastal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote