View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 05:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default the story in the NYTimes

The New York Times Magazine on Sunday, Dec 2, carried the following story on Booth and his campaign for death with dignity. I thought the article was really good - a balanced, thoughtful essay written by a man whose father has PD.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/02/ma...ewanted=1&_r=1

I know Booth; he is exactly as described in this story - absolutely still full of life although suffering increasingly with PD symptoms. The holistic PD clinic near Seattle that I go to is named for him. Just because he wants control over how he dies doesn't mean that he lives without the best care available now.

After reading this story, I feel less supportive of the legalization of assisted suicide. But I still think taking my own life at the end of a long battle with PD is an option - legal or not.

“Cautious, careful people, always casting about to preserve their reputation and social standing, never can bring about a reform. Those who are really in earnest must be willing to be anything or nothing in the world’s estimation, and publicly and privately, in season and out, avow their sympathy with despised and persecuted ideas and their advocates, and bear the consequences.” — Susan B. Anthony
indigogo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote