View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 07:36 AM

Location: Where the 40'N parallel and the US-31 meridian meet
15 yr Member

Location: Where the 40'N parallel and the US-31 meridian meet
15 yr Member

Just my annual income here (i.e., two cents)....

To start with, I've been a "kicker" all my life (I suppose this may be the related syndrome of PLMD).

More recently, I have had an encephalitic parkinsonian syndrome and have had the more mild CNS symptoms of it since 2001, which come to think of it, is about when I started having instances of minor REM sleep behavior disturbances. I had a tendency namely to punch into the air during my more angry dreams, and once my fist decided to go straight for a (cinder-backed) dorm room wall. This represents the only injury the issue has ever caused me.

To my knowledge, my RBSD hasn't gotten any worse (but I can't say the same for my parkinsonism!!).

Also, throwing out a warning here... to the users of sedative-hypnotics (especially Ambien/zolpidem), RBSD and other amnesiatic sleep behavior disorder is a very well-known side effect of these meds. There've even been cases documented of sleep-driving(!). So take care.

Neuro issues: Peripheral (1999-) and brain (2002-) neuropathies w/parkinsonian syndrome, chronic infection w/fever (2001-, fevers became daily in 2006), major depression (1993-), neuropsychiatric bipolar disorder (2005-)

Other: Marfan-like disorder (congenital), VSD (congenital, fixed 1984), Existence (1983-)

Last edited by MaracaSalesman; 12-12-2007 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Major spelling error
MaracaSalesman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote