View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 09:14 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Question DNS flush? Cache problems?

Does anyone here know about cache problems?

I found a thread in Arizona about internet dropping...like I have.
here is a quote:
Quote:
Had Same Problem....What I Did To Fix It.
Hello, i had the exact same problem aa you. I would turn on Windows and internet would work for about 30-60minutes. Then all of a sudden it would stop. MSN Messenger would still operate if i had opened it before my internet browser stopped working. I too use Mozilla Firefox, and once after the 30-60minute time period, both Mozilla & Internet Explorer would seize to work.

I spent weeks trying to figure out the problem.....ie. Clearing cache. etc.....
What i found out was that i had a problem with my DNS.
To fix it, all i did was a simple flush of my DNS......TADA!! working internet again.

In order to Flush your DNS.......
* Click Start > Run.
* Type in 'cmd' to open Command Prompt. Press Enter.
* Once opened, type: ipconfig /flushdns ***Note*** Use Exact Spelling.
* If successful, it will say "Successful Flush Of DNS Cache"...such as such.....
* Close Command Prompt (cmd)...and your internet should be working again.

****Note**** Flushing you DNS will NOT disturb any downloads or cut your Instant Chat programs.

Hope This Works,
This is the thread:
http://forum.oscr.arizona.edu/showthread.php?t=1117

Yesterday we could not run this unit...and I started getting OLD cached posts of the index. This is after I increased the cache on Saturday to 100MB.

I'm sending this to my son to interpret. I am afraid to do it myself..
The basic problem is that the internet works "sometimes" and not others.
It seems to work fine for a while on and overnight reboot, then start crashing later. And we do Spybot fairly often, and this thread mentions SpyBot leaving remanents behind to contaminate the cache. I sort of get this but not completely.

Any thoughts?

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote