View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 08:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi,
I have been waiting over 3 yrs to get my SSD approved.
I filed for SSD because of spine disorders, when I appkied for SSD they sent me to their physciatrist(sp)for evaluation, why?? Who knows, anyway he said that I was unable to return to my line of work and did not consider me retrainable fo any other work, I was still denied.
Right niow I'm waiting for a hearing that should be coming up soon if my lawyer is correct.
Now to answer your question, as has already been said it is best to have your own drs that are pulling for you and willing to fill out the paper work for SSD saying what his condition is and that he is unable to work for whatever his reasons are.
If he does get a denial then it is best to hire a lawyer to proceed there wil not be any upfront money required the attorney works for % .
One thing also that makes a big dif in getting approved is age the younger you are the harder it is to get approval.
There are some great sites out there that can answer many of your questions and they will tell you also to get a attorney if your son is denied make sure he applies for his appeal before the time runs out as if he lets the time lapse and haas to file a new claim then he will lose much of the back pay.
Tell your son good luck and not to give up, it does happen that some go right through..
LindaM(suede)
LindaM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote