View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 08:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

What makes you say no "regular school"? Noah has moderate CP and uses a powerchair -- he's in a 2nd grade classroom with a fulltime aide. Your daughter is still very young so don't let anyone put limits on her future

That said...I have heard good things about the doctors at Ann Arbor. I really haven't heard much about Detroit but it is further away from us. Many people like the doctors in Grand Rapids - we just aren't that impressed.

Noah has been seen at St Louis Children's Hospital since he was about 18 months old. Currently we see Dr Brunstrom (neurologist), Dr Tyschen (eyes), and Dr Thio (neurologist - seizure expert). We used to see Dr Park (neurosurgeon) but we don't need to see him any longer since it's been almost 4 years since Noah's surgery with him.

Children's Special Health Care is "kinda" like medicaid but much easier to qualify. Here's their website to read more http://www.michigan.gov/mdch/0,1607,...5087--,00.html We have to pay a small copay per year but it's definitely worth it. They pay all the copays on Noah's medications which total over $50 per month. They also supply diapers/pullups for any child over 3 who needs them.

HTH -- if you think of any more questions feel free to ask....

Lorilou is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote