View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 01:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I had it after TOS surgery and a car accident

I had surgery to remove my left cervical rib and was doing fine until I had a severe car accident one month later. My scapula started to wing. I went to an ortho first who sent me to a neuro surgeon who said he couldnt help me and if I was lucky I would heal on my own. The pain and disability of the winging scapula was all I could stand as you know. I researched through Pub Med and every published article I could find and found Dr. Rahul Nath Neurosurgeon who has a minimially invasive technique for repairing the nerve if its cut or transecting muscle if the muscle is squeezing the life out of the nerve. I had surgery in May 5 months after my injury in Houston Tx where he is located. I woke up and my arm worked again. I had to rehab it to build back the muscle that had wasted but I was and still am fixed.
You could wait and see if your winging resolves on its own but from my research and what Dr. Nath told me the longer you go past 6 months post injury the less movement and the less chance of you having a complete recovery.
He has a website just google Dr. Rahul Nath Houston Texas.
His office staff are also just fabulous..they were instrumental in getting my insurance to pay for the surgery which runs 48,000..but if I had to have paid that I would have...Im am 2 1/2 yrs post op from the LTN decompression and I thank god for it everyday. Good luck
Akash (07-24-2015)