View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 02:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Rats! I'm angry at your doc for not telling you that it probably wouldn't affect your back pain. They told me that right off--it'd help the leg, arms, neck, whatever that is in pain, but not the actual back pain. My back pain only bothers me when I REALLY overdo, so that isn't my problem.

I know what you mean about having to turn it up so high that it's way too strong in your legs. Can you adjust it so it's more the gentler "needles and pins" feeling rather than the big "thumps"? Maybe you'll be like me that if you run it--even low enug to be tolerable in your legs--it will have a residual effect for the nerves in your back that it's not reaching.

Removing the lead was a REAL piece of cake. They just pull it out. No deadening or anything. In fact, I was standing up, the doc removed all the tape they had over my back to keep germs out, and he'd removed it and I wouldn't even known it except that the SCS was running--which he didn't think about--and when he pulled it out, the stims ran all down my spine, hitting every nerve, and that was BAD! Thought it was going to lift me right off the ground. It was only a few seconds, but WOW! He apologized profusely. The hospital just hasn't done enuf of them to get a routine going. But I think he learned his lesson! Just make sure yours is turned off when they go to remove it.

The worst thing about my trial was the tape all over my back which made my clothing tight around the waist. Also it was summer so it was very hot and humid, as Kansas is in July, and since I couldn't shower, I stayed inside the entire 4 days so I didn't get all hot and sweaty. Other than that, I didn't have any misery. What's making you miserable--besides trying to run it too high?

Let me know. I'll give you all the answers and support that I can.

Janet
Janet in Kansas is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote