View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 06:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default My daughter needs some help

Hi, This is my first posting as I am concerned for my daughter. 1 year ago, she fell in school and sustained a concussion. I was not notified of this and only found out about it when she began having severe headaches 2 weeks later and I took her for a cat scan. There I was told that she had post-concussive disorder. Since that time, her academic performance has fallen considerably from A's and B's to D's and E's. Based on neuropsych testing, she suffers from severe memory impairment as well as problems with reading comprehension. She also resembles someone with ADHD and was treated for that for a short time. Her attention span is very short and she gets easily distracted. Needless to say, she is very frustrated with her performance in school, as well as with her teachers who aren't being very helpful. She misses many days due to severe headaches being treated with Periactin and Midrin. She is now being tested for special education services. Is this going to last forever? She and I are very concerned. She is only 13 years old. Any advice would be appreciated.
chrisw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote