Thread: crohns
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2007, 07:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default crohns

Hi all- my younger son has been having recurring diarrhea or loose stools with mild cramping preceding it. the GI doctor says he has the antibody associated with crohns, and most people who have this, do indeed have crohns, so she is recommending a colonoscopy as well as an xray. The antibodies to wheat came up negative. The genetic test for celiac is not back yet. He feels that with or without dairy is the same to him. I wonder if he should have an allergy test tho for casein. We have a distant relative with crohns too. My son ,like many aged 18, has been on many antibiotics in his time, and doctor says that s. boulardi has proved helpful for crohns. Please any comments or advice will be appreciated. ( of course, not my main concern , but doctor annoyed me by asking my son if he'd rather i leave room because he(my son) showed irritation to a few of my questions. so i left the room at his request. then, i was told by secretary that i was standing too close to the door, thereby violating the hippa law. At that point, my son walked out and he was annoyed at them for saying that to me-I hate doctors!and their secretaries!!!!!)
homer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote