Old 12-13-2007, 01:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiney sue View Post
My Dr. put me on fish oil in 1981 smart family Dr. It has helped but like
Mel can only take so much and hmmm tummy...I would like to hear
anymore you have..The only bike i could get on now is a recumbent bike,
not sure if I could get off it,perhaps fall.ouch.. That's for you C.
As Mrsd explained, fish oil is initially very irritating to the stomach lining if your body has been deficient in the omega3 oils. After a week or two, the omega3 oils in the fish oil actually help the stomach to heal, so that your stomach no longer gets so easily upset. Less obviously, it also helps your body heal and deal with stress better.

We recently put down the last of our three large dogs at 16 years old. Like the two 17 yr. olds before her, she was active until a week before the end, and her coat looked great. We gave all the dogs one fish oil capsule in the A.M. and one in the P.M., along with glucosamine - condroytin - msm, and walked them for miles every day (ignoring my PN pain). They lived a long long time in almost perfect health until the very end.

Most of us on this board aren't as hairy as the dogs were, but would probably respond in a similar manner to a similar regimen.