Thread: kitten declawed
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 10:40 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh I do hope you'll reconsider and NOT have your fur kids declawed! It's truly like amputating a human's fingers! Years ago, I used to become rather irked with my fur kids destruction and I realized that I will always choose life with my beloved fur kids, therefore, I had to learn to live with less-than pristine furniture, (yeah, right, like I had pristine in the first place!) shredded spots, and attempt to resolve (somewhat) the scritchin' & scratchin'! (clipping their nails to curb scratching is futility! Those little caps are toast in 60 seconds flat, as my boys chew them right off! Lol!) I used positive reinforcement techniques and a squirty for attitude problems! Lol! I've got a squirter that has a kitty head & body, is hard plastic & looks much like my fur kids. They respect it...I named it "The Equalizer kitty" Lol! Most cats loathe being squirted and will generally make a mad dash for more arid climes. I now have only to show it to my boys and they split. On occasion, there is some major 'tude and one of them will stand his ground against the juicy onslaught, but as a rule, it's rather effective as well as harmless. Puhleeeease spare their li'l claws!!! =^..^=

CRITTER is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote