View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 12:20 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Can I just say I feel like crap? Probably not.

I just got back from my neuro appt in Portland for this trial. Flew over on Monday, uneventful. Spent all day Tuesday at the hospital. Flew back Wednesday, uneventful. All in all the flights went very smooth! That's a plus! Yeah!

My day Tuesday: MRI first thing in the morning. Then my appt with the coordinator for the battery of tests. You know, the wonderful "put the pegs in the hole" and the PSAT, and the walk. Then the exam by the neuro.

That didn't go so well. When I asked if I could do one day of steroids to get through this damn brick wall of fatigue, it would put me out of the study. Or maybe get me out of the pain cycle I am in, it would put me out of the study. Dangit...now what. So, he did an exam and my EDSS went up one point (all sensory - can't feel the pin pricks!) so no "protocol defined exacerbation." So, no steroids. But what he thinks is going on is a sinus infection which could be root of the problems...makes sense.

I've had this stupid sinus stuff for over a month. Seasonal stuff for me so I don't pay much attention to it. I am not sleeping well. Changed my meds to Soma, seems to be helping. Changed my pain meds from Vicodin to Nov10. Already upped my provigil to 400mg, doesn't help at all.

They are going to have the radiologist read my MRI (which is sealed) for non MS related pathology. But I am calling my PCP today for antibiotics.

Maybe not a rant, but I am so tired, and in pain. Not had this kind of pain before. There is a lot of stress in my life right now, and I know that is a contributing factor. Just too much going on.

The bright spot was that I got to meet an employee at the hospital with whom I have been emailing who is a member of another MS forum. She surprised me while I waiting for my MRI. Then afterwards, we had coffee...her treat! It was nice to meet her!

The icky part was the hour it took the lab to draw the 13 vials of blood from me ...only two more appts until the end of this part of the trial! Two more blood draws Tippy!

Socks AMN???? I LOVE SOCKS!!!!

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote