Thread: Cold feet
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 12:48 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Wiix:

I assume you don't take a sleeping aid???

I do and if I didn't, I would be up till all hours. Not from my feet, but I just have never been a sleeper. What a gift it is to take a little "something" (in my case I take Alprazolam, as does my husband Alan, but he takes it because it quiets his PN).

We're like a team. We go into the kitchen at around 11 p.m. We look at each other and we take our pills.

In 20 minutes or so, we are in dreamland. I never knew what sleeping through the night was until I tried a sleep aide. This was about 7 or so years ago. I told my doctor "I don't sleep, I never did". He said "would you like to try an Ambien".? I said "why not?"

Well, it was like getting a christmas present. I remember sitting in my doctor's office and saying to him "do you know what it is like to NOT SLEEP, and then one night you take an Ambien, and you put your head down and the next thing you know it's morning and you had 8 or 9 hours.??"

When you've never experienced that, believe me, it's a gift. Now Alan was a completely different person. Before his PN went nutso on him, this man could put his head down on ANY surface, tell me: "I'm going to take a nap" and VOILA!!!! he'd be asleep in 30 seconds.

I have no idea how some people can do that!! I find this amazing.j

I couldn't do this on a bet.

I'm a thinker, a worrier, and because I am the way I am, well, I take my sleep when I can get it. And alprazolam is so cheap. It's not a sleeping aide, it's kind of a tranquilizer and it calms me down so I just drift off.

I hope I don't need this for the rest of my life, but hey, I'll take what I can get.

Mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote