View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Cycle:

You said: "Social Connections-We need social ties. Without family or friends in which we can confide, depend on and have fun with, our lives become dismal"

How I wish I could get my son to understand what you wrote. His view on life is "I want to be alone, I like my solitude, I don't need anyone, you and dad are no longer priorities in my life, we are living in a technical society, and believe me, in a short time, people will be living in virtual realities far more than real realities".

His words exactly. Can you believe that a person as outgoing, as social and empathetic as I am, well, that I have a son who thinks like this??? He doesn't use drugs (recreational I mean), he doesn't drink). Gambling is his thing. And going in Second Life. No work, no job. Just existing... without any social interaction.

I will never understand how people can be happiest being by themselves. Boy, the day someone finds a reasonable explanation for this kind of thinking, well, he'll win the jackpot. I guess, until that day happens, it will continue to be called "Aspergers Disorder".

Anyway, not wanting to stray off topic or anything like that, it is now snowing, hailing, sleeting and just plain awful outside, slippery as all get-out.

So where's Alan??. Why, he went out. I tell him "It's slippery, stay home". his response. "stop acting like my mother".

Oh brother!!!! lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote