View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Mel,

Some things are best learned by people, by their own experience. Perhaps your son will learn, eventually, that a virutal society is not a substitute for a real life, real time person. Again consider that your son has a disorder and things in his brain may not be firing correctly. I am sure it is difficult with you being so outgoing, to have a child who doesn't crave human contact.

He probably doesn't comprehend the world you live in, as much as we can't comprehend the world he lives in. Aspergers is on the autism spectrum of diseases, which are disorders of empathy....or the ability to empathize or relate to others in the usual ways. You know my personal experience with this disorder, so you know I speak from the heart, as one who has lived with an individual with this disorder.

There are somethings in life we can not change, and must simply accept. Perhaps in time, something good will grow from it all. That is the hope that I cling to....in the mean time....my life goes on.

BTW Allan may learn, by experience, about the wisdom of venturing out in this weather.....we had what you are getting....and now the wind is kicking up. As hard as it is to do....I stayed home. I do not need a broken bone or concussion. I have managed to find things to do, like clean my fish bowl and water my plants and work on my genealogy. Oh and if Allen does learn a lesson by personal experience....I have challenged myself to not say, "I told you so"....it seldom works and I have to slip it in there somewhere...but it is fun to see just how long it takes before you can no longer contain yourself and blurt it out. LOL.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote