Thread: Cold feet
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 04:11 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Wow, didn't know you couldn't take a sleep aide. You're probably better off. I know that probably there will come a day when I have to "stop", but until then, at least I get my sleep.

Got a cute story about dogs. My friend lives around the corner. She's 75 and she has this Shitzu (spelling??) His name is Babe.

He's the cutest little thing and when I go there, he gets all excited, starts shaking and moving back and forth, his little tail is wagging, just the cutest, friendliest dog I have ever seen.

UNTIL YESTERDAY!!!

I'm there visiting my friend and the doorbell rings. She's sick so I got up to answer the door. I see a delivery man with a big package. I open the door and I'm about to say "May I help you??" when little Babe runs past me and practically attacks the delivery man. I have never seen such a thing in all my life. It turns out that he doesn't like the Fed Ex Drivers or the brown trucks. He goes crazy.

So the dog whizzes past me and jumps on the man and nips his hand. I go "Babe, what the heck is wrong with you, stop that'. He didn't stop, He started barking at the man like he was the Creature from the Black Lagoon. My friend comes running in from the kitchen all apologetic and says to the man. "Sorry, he hates delivery people". I just stared. The poor guy said: "I've been barked at by Pit Bulls, but never a little dog like this. The guy slowly backed off the porch but Babe kept at him. I never saw such an angry doggie in my whole life. The guy thought it was funny. THIS IS FUNNY??

Oh, the other dog down the block is Whitey. He's 12 years old and arthritic, he can barely walk. Well, the postman came by the other day and told the owner of the dog, "if you don't get rid of this dog, I'll kill him" When I heard this story (this morning, as Alan and I walked to Dunkin Donuts), I said "wait a minute, the postman is afraid of Whitey???? The dog can't even walk, he's got arthritis". And the owner said 'I swear to god, the guy wanted to kill my dog, because Whitey kept barking at him?"

So what is up with these dogs and delivery people and post men?

I'm telling you, you should have seen the look on my face when Babe raced past me and attacked the Fed Ex Guy. If I were a Fed Ex guy, I would quit my job after that.....lol

Mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote