View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 07:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

From time to time, I get what can only be described as stroke-like episodes. It starts with a one-sided migraine and progresses to impaired speech, cognition, AND neuropathy-type symptoms ranging from burning, tingling to flat-out complete numbness in the extremities. This is one of the things the neurologist at Mayo was checking into last week, even though stroke, MS and other things have been ruled out multiple times.

The MRI last week revealed plaques on my brain that weren't there three years ago when I had the last major episode. These aren't MS-type lesions or UBOs. The neurologist believes that they are the result of my chronic severe migraine problem which in my case stems from Sjogren's syndrome.

I'm no big brain (in fact, I was surprised the MRI even found one ), but I think migraine and neuropathy can be connected in certain scenarios. The most logical explanation I think would be a central nervous system cause. But proving that, I have no idea how.

fanfaire