View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 09:09 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Okay!!! did that. DIDN'T WORK.

Here's what happens.

I make a recording, I save it to the my documents folder, as a wav file.

I open up my outlook express, and created an email TO MYSELF.

I attach said wav file. Attaches just fine. I sent it along it's merry way.

And there it goes into my IN BOX.

I open up my mail and see there's an attachment (in the subject part of the email, this is how you open up an attachment in outlook express).

So I double click on the little attachment thingee (I've always been able to open up attachments by the way).

But this time, I get a big display saying on my screen: "This program cannot display the web page".. Then I get the message: ""The skin bitmap was not found C: ProgramFiles, Music Match, blah blah blah. ?????

Then I see a little message box that says: "There was a problem with either the Play.dll or mixer.dll".

Now I know that dll means dynamic Link Library (don't ask me how I know this, but I know that this is what dll means).

So what do I have to do to be able to open up an attachment (re: wave file)in my Outlook express?

Maybe if I try to go to my home.verizon account and receive my email there it just might open. But I have no idea why it might open up in Verizon's email and not my Outlook Express.

I can only try and see if this works.

Will let you know.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, here's what I did. I went to verizon (where all my email is FIRST, then it goes over to Outlook). So I went to Verizon, composed an email to myself, did the attachment, mailed it to myself, and in two seconds flat, there it was. I tried to open the attachment, it asked me if I wanted to open it, I said "yes", then I get the same Bitmap thing telling me it can't open it up in Jukebox.

I WILL GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS. I mean, I have an HP media center PC. What the heck am I supposed to do with this thing if I can't make an audio file??

Jo......pretty please. tell me what I have to do, okay??
mel

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

Last edited by MelodyL; 12-13-2007 at 09:38 PM.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote