View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 10:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I had the pump in for nearly five years when the battery started running down. My experience with it was O.K. as far as the lumbar pain was concerned but I had other pain issues such as migraines, cervical pain, and it didn't help with that at all. We don't have a pain doctor locally and I was having to drive 2 hours to even see him. He didn't believe in breakthrough meds so I had to endure the other pain.

The other problem was having to go for refills and dosage adjustments. This was paid for by medicare but I had to pay the co-pay which was around $300.00 a month. The reason it was so high was because he wouldn't do the refill anywhere but in the hospital and they charged an arm and a leg.

As you can see, there are a lot of factors involving the pump that may not effect anyone else. Due to problems related to the doctor, I had four different ones during this time.
Check out all of those factors and possibly, you may have better experience than me.
Maggie

I'm a retired nursing prof. I've had 5 surgeries on my lumbar spine, and now have a titanium cage for stability. My condition is early onset spinal stenosis. (29 yrs. old, 1st.surgery)
Had the morphine pump for 5 years and it was removed when the battery ran down. I'm now using the duragesic patches.
Maggie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote