View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 11:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default complete newbie

Hi all!
I look forward to perusing this forum!

Just got enterolab results back yesterday, results are:
Fecal Antigliadin IgA 15 (Normal Range <10 Units)
Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 13 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)
Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score 914 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)
Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 13 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0501
Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,1 (Subtype 2,5)

Though the units are fairly low on the scale, still a positive for sensitivity I guess?
I don't know, I'm so new to the whole thing that my head is just spinning.

I am 37 and have had asthma and allergies from toddlerhood,
alopecia universalis since I was 19 and lymphoma diagnosed in 2006. I had never really even thought of celiac or gluten sensitivity as I don't really show classic symptoms at all.
In dealing with the lymphoma though (now in remission) I've been wondering and wondering how the alopecia and the lymphoma fit together? Both relatively rare, afterall and surely they must be related somehow?

After many recommendations I went to see a new MD who suggested right off the bat that I get tested for celiac through enterolab. And it seems that his hunch was right.

Now I'm just wondering, do I go for the conventional blood test and biopsy too? Or should I just assume that it's celiac due to the genetic predisposition and the relatively high level of malabsorption?

As I said, my head isjust spinning right now. I have already eliminated meat and dairy from my diet this past summer so adding gluten doesn't seem like a big deal, especially since it might help prevent reocurrence of the lymphoma.

I do find myself wondering if it's true celiac because the units though positive, are fairly low.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to this journey towards better health!

Laura
elbee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote