Thread: Keppra
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 02:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I was unable to gather this from your post, but if the Keppra increase is fairly recent, then the fatigue and sleepiness is pretty normal and as a general rule, can take at least several weeks before med side effects start to subside. Especially, when the dosage of the med is raised (or lowered) a signifigant amount in a short time period.

In addition to that, you are on several other meds, so that will have an effect on how your body handles things. That is one thing my neuro always emphasizes-- the more meds you are on, the greater the chance of side effects.

I am on Keppra, Lamictal, and many other meds, and anytime I make a change in my med regimine-- whether it be adding stuff, taking things away, dosages, etc it would throw my body off for a little while; and to specifically address the Keprra, yes I also saw an increase in fatigue until my body adjusted.

Keep in touch with your neurologist-- ask questions, tell him/her your concerns, get information about the meds you are taking side effects, what to do, etc.

Hang in there !
L2L

Last edited by love2laugh; 12-14-2007 at 04:43 PM. Reason: adding
love2laugh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote