View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

It could be your motherboard.

I once had to bring in my old computer (the one that ran Windows 98). long long time ago. The motherboard was corrupted (or something like that).

The man just wiped out the hard drive, loaded the Windows 98 softward (and whatever else was on the disc). and I just paid $25.00 (now this was over 10 years ago, so I gather it's more money now).

But when I got home, it seemed like I had a brand new computer on my hands.

Everything worked just fine.

You might just want to look into replacing your computer (there are christmas sales all over the place).

And if it is your modem that is doing this (disconnecting from the internet, not lasting to long on the internet, etc. etc.) well, you might have to replace the modem.

I'm no computer whiz. Not by any means. I have to be walked through steps all the time.

I give you a lot of credit. I my internet connections kept stopping, I'd probably call up Verizon and make them walk me though the steps of fixing, whatever has to be fixed.

I remember once being on the phone with them for 3 hours.

For some reason, I couldnt' get my email, sign in or anything.

The guy had to change all the codes in my software, but in 3 hours (I was sweating by then, believe me), but the verizon tech guy and me, well, we figured it out, I followed instructions and then all was fine.

If this DOES NOT WORK for you. I'd simply take my pistol, aim it at the computer and say "bye bye sucker'.

Drives you nuts sometimes, don't they?

P.S. I forget to mention, you might need more RAM. There's all kinds of RAM, there's SD Ram. That's what I think I've got. I have 1 .0 GB of memory in mine.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote