View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 11:44 AM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Heart

Thank you.

This is his youngest child, and his son holds a very dangerous position over there. My heart skips a beat whenever I hear of a soldier killed in Afghanistan - seems like I can't breathe again until I hear from my friend. I can only imagine how my friend feels each time a new death is reported - his health isn't very good either. We share the same political beliefs, but we also share a deep respect for our military and the decisions our children make in life.

I will have my son home with me this Christmas, but I highly suspect I'll be in the same position as my friend next Christmas. I hope and pray this isn't the last Christmas I will have with my son.

I hope and pray my son will stay alive and come home safe. I also hope and pray I can stay alive until he gets out of the military. I'm not afraid to die, but I know how much it would upset my son if I died before he could come home to care for me. He desperately wants to give me a nice home and have the chance to care for me as we cared for my parents. He also knows how much I want to have grandchildren - but our agreement is he can't have any kids until he's fully prepared to provide for them.

If I die before he gets out, he will feel like he abandoned me at my time of need (he's been gone 3 years) - and I will feel like I abandoned him for the rest of his life.

Thank you again for your prayers - for all our sons and daughters fighting overseas.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote