View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 12:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Employer:tell or not tell????

Quick story:

dx two months ago symptoms two years...started job in sales early Aug.

Asked myself should I tell employer or not and wait it out?
in making my decision I asked few close friends who work for company and they both replied NO Way....these guys don't care...i have to admit that is image that is projected..however they always said let us know about anything and we will try to work with you.

Poll of friends and family 90% say no....10% not sure...wife suportive no matter what.

So back on me.
I asked myself if they gave me a ration would I really want to use my skills to help this company? and second do I still believe that people are generally good no matter what "mask" they where at work. I was once a manager and felt that if someone couldn't come to me with a problem then I would not think much of myself as a manager..no matter how demanding I may have been during projects.

I did tell my boss....they are very supportive..I asked for some leave so I can focus on family this holiday and come back more refreshed in Jan. The answer was no problem and I have a home here. I also found out that they have had others in past years who had issues and they work with them.

My boss also informed me that six years ago he had med. condition in which he stepped down for a year and he was thankful for the treatment he recieved from employer so is happy to be able to help others out.

Lesson I learned and wanted to belive is that give people a chance to show their support and they generally come through. Treat people the way you want to be treated and you recieve the same. By opening up we learn that as humans we are not alone in hardships. And if by chance they turn out to be jerks we don't need the stress anyway. love that face..be well all and hope this little story helps

Eric aka kman
kman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote