Thread: update
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 12:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you for your replies.
I must have been in your prayers...because i did not believe a month ago that i would be writing here today.

I went to see the psychiatrist. I didn't go as well as i wanted. I did print off my posts and explained to her that i was bad at talking but i don't think she quite understood so i didn't read them exactly. Her initial question was....how are you? That just made me stare at her blankly. I didn't want to point out the obvious that if anything was hunky dory i wouldn't be sitting in front of her!

I told her about the depression, and some of the thoughts and ideas that i have. She thinks i just have recurrent depression, i think, there was a slight mention of start of bipolar but i think she just thinks it 99% depression. I didn't exactly explain the restlessness too much unfortunately although i explained the need to talk. She did ask if i did excess shopping during these times but i hate shopping (yeh a girl that hates shopping!!) and if i had increased sexual activity - how can i answer that? I don't sleep with people full stop! During these times i am more childish, i like running around, and being silly. Didn't know if i should say that though - i mean i don't want to sound like an idiot!

She did put me on a low dose of anti-psychotics but she wanted to discharge me back to my GP - i wouldn't let her though because i am so scared of going back to doing it all on my own again. I think because i appear calm and intelligent (for some reason) she can just tell me to research things she says rather than talk me through it.

How did i do? I'm seeing her again in 8 weeks...how should i deal with her at the next appt?

Thank you!!!!!
Bamboo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote