View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 01:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Bi Plar Disorder and Brain Injury

I went to a Christmas Party last nite for the Brain Injury Support Group here in Gainesville, Fl. I enjoyed the party there was more food there than I could eat. I also go to AA meetings as part of my Mental Health and Substance abuse recovery. And I go to the NAMI Support Group that meets here once a month I went to see my nero Dotor at the VA and she asked me if I like the Groups I told her I like to go to the AA groups because they support my recovery but I dont really do well in groups I do better with one on one counceling. Or just talking to someone I know like my case manager Karen Iseral or My roomate and best friend Melissa I dont have alot of freinds here. I am not really shy I just do better talking one on one when I am in a group I usaullly tell them what they want to hear and not really whats going on with me or howni am really feeling. that I am more comfortable telling someone in private. I get this feeling sometimes when I gop to AA meetings or groups that I wish it was over so I could go home or I dont know I just want to leave I dont know why I feel this way and I want ton discuss this more with my case manager and my roomate but right now she is very busy at her job as a private duty CNA and she has a new Boyfriend so I dont see her as much as I used to she is always on the go and I am veruy proud of her she has worked very hard to Get her own life back in order. And she is a great friend and I love her veruy much for being such a good best friend. A s far as my love life I dont have one right now I have been trying really hard to focus onm my health and getting better so that I can get back out there and enjoyn life the only thing holding me back is my Oseoarthritis in my hip and my back and I am working with my care team at the VA The MISA program, My Doctors, The VA Pain Clinic, and every rescorse I can to get better. I will up date this as I can and I am posting this on my MySpace page as well as Nerotalk disscussion here.