Thread: Arachnoid Cyst
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 03:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello Lydia,

I'm not sure how fast they can grow but a scan should be able to tell you and your doctor if it is growing from the intracranial pressure, which I think they can see in the vessel (?) as well as the tests they do when they look in your eyes, etc. Have you discussed your symptoms with a neurosurgeon? I think around here (Ontario), they do tend to opt out of surgery when unnecessary. A neurosurgeon should talk with you and weigh the risk and benefits of surgery.

Mine is not causing any problems other than chronic headaches which are currently more or less controlled my topamax. My doctors are saying the headaches have nothing to do with my 9.5 x 7.5 cm cyst sitting in the back of my head. While I want to believe that, I find it hard to believe because of the literature I've read.

Does anyone else out there have a large cyst and if so, do you have symptoms? Has anyone else out there taken headache medication? Did it provide permanent relief? Without the medication these headaches are crippling and I can't imagine that I can take them forever. I also sometimes wonder if the cyst is a ticking time bomb.... If it grows, there is not much room in my head for much else. I wonder how my brain manages to be in there too. (lol)

Viki
Viki is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote