View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 03:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart Service Dogs

Hi, I am new to the forum and my husband and I are training two pups for hearing dogs, they are 15 1/2 months old and doing great, hope to have training complete by their 2nd birthday, we got them as tiny pups and started socializing them as soon as their shots were up to date.

Neither of them bark when on harness and are quite well behaved, never been embarrassed by them...only been asked to leave the doctor's' office, seems they only allow seeing-eye dogs....I guess the fact that we keep them cleaner than most people keep themselves doesn't matter. Only one restaurant has posed a problem so we don't go there...the pups have never had people food and they don't beg at the table or try to get at the food when the waitress brings it, they may pick their heads up to give us the heads up that the food is there, but that is all.

Off harness at home they are free to relax and be the pups they are...if we have guests over, the harness goes on and they are content to sit or lay quietly and observe....I think they have mostly trained themselves. We got the brother and sister pair as babies and I wouldn't have had it any other way! They were spayed/neutered at 10 weeks and besides alerting us to different noises in the house, they also alert me when hubby is having trouble breathing, if he has a bad coughing spell in the night, or his oxygen machine gets turned off at night...great little dogs.

Ever alert to our needs, they nap nearby at a craft sale, they are with us every place we go....

CrystalSword is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote