View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 03:51 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi,

I can relate to what you went through and are still going through.

I lost my beloved husband of 34+ years in Nov. of last year. I went through some of his things while his kids were here and gave them what they wanted. I knew he would have wanted that.

I had to sell a lot of my things and pack. By April of this year, I had moved into a new place. I just couldn't deal with all of the memories in the home we had bought, remodeled to make homey and enjoyed so much together.

I still have his clothes in boxes here in my living room. I was going to have quilts made out of them for our 2 Grandson's for Christmas but I still can't do it and neither can my daughter.

This year is harder on me then last. I think because I was still in shock at Christmas last year. It hasn't gotten much easier.

They say Time heals all wounds. Let's hope that's the case. We don't forget them, we just put them in a special place in our hearts.

I think of all of the happy memories we made together. I find myself many times taking the trips in my mind that we took, doing something with our Grandson's that we loved doing. Just all good memories.

I hope things start getting easier for you as time goes by. You both were blessed to have each other.

Ada