View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 10:50 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

So, I'm thinking ok, now I see a different picture, a different perception. So, I wrote this:

I'd like to walk Vince into school tomorrow so he can share his perceptions with you, and visa versa. I can see only potential disaster for him to try and complete his school day other wise. I'll be there only so he feels supported, as well as to support staff so he doesn't become disrespectful, and to help him to be quiet and hear your perspective.

After that, if you or I feel we need to talk without Vincent present, we can go from there and arrange a good time. Could you please print and bring the email I sent to you, so you can address the things Vince said with him in case he forgets to mention an issue, so we can be done with it and not have any forgotten issues resurfacing throughout his day. Also, please bring (so you don't forget) the inappropriate things he did and said that he really should have control over.

I hope all of that sounds reasonable. My goal always is a mutually clear perception, and the ability to work together to get Vince to where he needs to be. I'm not a bit interested in finger pointing or blame, which serves nothing productive for Vince.

Part of this situation seems to be Vince attempting to play on adult against another. So, while I understand that is a part of development, and understand and am pleased he is developing, calling you names and threatening that I will harm you or 'take you out' is completely out of the realm of acceptable.

As for his 'death' questions, I would guess that is due to our wonderful dog of over 15 years doing so poorly, and me preping the kids as I know she won't be around much longer - should her new meds not work, she might have a week. She's had a good and long life, there's nothing sad about her death, the sadness is in her current pain and lack of quality of life.

(my name)
Milivica is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote