View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 07:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile ONE of the BIG Questions

Hi! About two years ago when I was hired at my current job, there was a form that was given to me and my other new coworkers. It said something like, "now that you're hired, we would like you to tell us if you have these conditions" there were probably three, maybe four conditions, and yes, one of them was, PD. I sat there and struggled with what to do. Now I know there is alot of predjudice out there, and I knew I didn't have to tell them during the interview process about my illness. The other three conditions were rare ones, and PD. I wanted to be honest, and I didn't want to have to try to hide the symptoms, but I was really afraid of not having a job. so... I signed the form "no" At the bottom of the form it said, basically, you'd better be telling the truth, or else, and of course we'll make accomodations for any disability you have, so let us know. I found it infuriating that they didn't ask if I had something like, AIDS, or Cancer, or Heart disease, or really nothing that people commonly get. So today, I am still working, and just getting through one day at a time. I think my supervisor knows there is something wrong with me because I have had an episode or two with some tremors and slowness but I'm not telling until I have no choice, and can't do the job. It did help that I got an great job review so maybe this old girl can go a year or two longer. Thanks for posting the topic!
Floridagal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote