View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 08:18 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Nancy.... I'd be inclined to agree w/ mother's intuition RE: your son's episodes & the injury. Thankfully he has basically recovered rather well & quickly but seems for many of us, " residuals" of TBI can & do flare...
interesting, you noted this occur for him at stressful times.....

GAYE.... thanks for sharing .....I can indeed relate...
some of my memory problems , besides being frustrating & inconvenient, have bordered on dangerous. mostly w/ "fire" .... mainly cooking--starting something on stove, then a distraction , forgetting what I was doing--till the smoke alarms go off!! I'm trying to stay more w/ microwave but I've "burned" things in it too
I could go on... w/ various memory issues. as well as the emotional ..... some i wish I could forget... like big outburst on THanksgiving .... that basically ruined holiday. (we recouped and had Thanksgiving next day ....

LUCY.... the short? version of "my story" is that I've had multiple TBI's...
several smaller injuries, concussions , mostly from falls-that occur frequently since my first Big TBI --12 years ago-when I was hit by car as a pedestrian in a crosswalk. incurred other injuries that have resulted in chronic pain & other neuro issues w/ PTSD.

a year ago another Big TBI when I was struck in head when hydraulic lift on my father's wheelchair van malfunctioned. Slit open head, knocked me down & out... past year has been up & down, but basically awful w/ PCS & other problems.
.... constant headaches, debilitating fatigue, cognitive dysfuntions.... I could go on (and did at various times in prior posts here--as I struggled w/ various issues and sought understanding ,support and info...about TBI/PCS

I'm grateful for this forum but so sorry for the reasons that have brought all of you special people here...

wishing you all the Best....
pono is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote