View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 12:03 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Thanks Daniella:

Alan won't go near cheese. I don't buy it. He never like it. Cheese or anything with cheese. Alan hasn't had any salty food (except stuff that already has sodium in it), for example, yesterday I bought Turkey Kill Ground Turkey.

Do you know that there is sodium in Ground Turkey??? I could not believe it. It's only 85 mg so it's NOTHING. But whoever thought that they would put salt in ground turkey.

Alan uses ketchup, and I sometimes use canned veggies (I don't buy the no-salt kind) because it's twice the price. I just rinse the stuff in the can and the fluids go down the drain and that's where most of the sodium is anyway.

No, we eat sensibly here. Fresh stuff. But Alan has a habit at night of going to the fridge. What is he picking on. "Jello fat free or no sugar puddings. And Light yogurt. And cereal with skim milk. Don't think any of that can kill him. And I'm sure this stuff does have some sodium. I looked up dehydration and his skin doesn't look fragile or anything like that. He looks perfectly fine except for the really really bad psoriasis.

Last night I took one look at the patch of psoriasis on the side of his right leg and I said 'oh my god, it's all red and flaming". He said 'oh, just put some A & D on it. This morning, it was barely red at all. His immune system must really be in over drive. And together with the ivig, well those anti-bodies are going somewhere. He goes to the Silver Sneakers program at the gym. Says it brings oxygen to his cells. He feels better doing this.

As for him taking care of himself and being more responsible. This is the most responsible he has been in years. He can't cook, and won't learn. He thinks it's perfectly fine to take off a pair of jogging pants at night, hang them up, the next day he sprays febreze on them and he's good to go.

Me?? I'm from the old school where you change your clothes every day. So he does it every other day. Thank god he changes his shirts and other stuff. It's just the same pants he wears ever day. He thinks it's nonsens to put on a new pair of pants every day. He says : "Well, that will make more wash time for you". See, he's had to stay off of his feet for 18 months so I've been doing all the wash and stuff.

But once he gets his foot (hopefully) fixed, he'll go back to doing the wash.

No, he's the kind of guy who needs to be looked after. If anything happens to me, he'll go right into a furnished apartment and eat out every day. That's just the way he is. I can't change him at 60. He's lucky to have me and he knows it.

He, he could be a lot worse. I have a friend who has a husband who never says one single word to her. Yeah, this happens.

At least we go to Dunkin Donuts every morning and socialize with the neighbors as we walk around the corner. He's much better after being married for 27 years. I think he's an aspie. As a matter of fact, I'm sure of it.

He's the type of man who needed a wife. Thank god he met me. That's what his sister always says. lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote