View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 12:50 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

I worked for a whole year after my TOS symptoms (like yours) started.

By the end, my arm was a BIG, RED CLAW and I couldn't pull up my pantyhose for work (I am an attorney, pro tem judge, not ok to go hoseless), or pull up my skirt zipper, plus I had pain 24 / 7 as they say.

So finally the idiot took me off of work, and then, to my SURPRISE, the swelling and pain went HIGHER and HIGHER until I thought I was going to lose my mind.

So now I have TOS for five years, and during years 2 - 4 I almost lost my mind from pain that was I 'd call a 10+. RSD is a skin type pain and disorder (can go internal also) where I'd feel like I was really in a pizza oven and I should have blisters...unrelenting. I'd sleep every day (try) and the skin would become beet red, the pain climb, and I'd shake with uncontrollable muscle spasms.

I blame this totally on working another year.

I have been to 29 or 30 doctors now. They have no cure for me. Only a few get it - Dr. Annest is one, Dr. Brantigan in Denver, Dr. Larry Miller in Encino (but he is burned out on TOS for me), and frankly, that's it on my search for cures. I've seen top rheumatologists, internists...you name it.

The surgery helped me a bit in certain ways. I am pro-surgery as long as your RSD is not a factor. Mine was, but I TOOk THE RISK and it paid off for me.

You need to check on our list of top docs, let us know your city, and get to a top TOS doc and STOP whatever activity work that is causing your TOS. File for work comp / get a consult if your work in any way possible accelerates, exacerbates this TOS - which I guess it does...

Getting some NEW pain meds and feeling some relief for a few days is NOT A CURE. I've been on oxy contin for over three years now and the pain is back as bad as ever.

You are at a crucial point where you can maybe pull back the TOS a bit, or, it may go hog-wild while you medicate to keep working. I don't know FOR SURE, only you can get a TOS TOP DOC and put the pieces together for you.

I will pray that God gives you guidance.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote