View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 07:20 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

My surgery by Dr. Annest in Denver (although I was living in Orange Co., CA), went very well as far as the surgery itself and it did help me some bit. And, I'll take ANY help, ok? It was horror before, and sometimes, is horror again.

But Annest, Brantigan, Sanders, Ahn in LA - they all do these surgeries multiple times every week for many, many years now.

I flew in to Denver, went to the surgery the next day, and flew home straight from the hospital. Work comp was forced by court order to pay for it all. My PTP at HOME properly referred me to Denver to one doctor for a diagnosis, consult on surgery first - and actually the judge at the hearing said as long as I'm there, she wanted me to get TWO opinions! (Thanks!)

So that's my surgery story, and there are quite a few of us who have done the fly in / surgery / fly out to Denver...it was worth it to me to have the experience in the surgeon.

Whatever you decide, it must be your own gut, internal reaction and choice. This is one of those rare times that I don't think anyone can or should push someone.

God bless you and help you with this huge decision.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote