View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 08:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Gasp! The cost of Tysabri!

Hi,

It's been a while since I last posted. I'm doing very well. Cognitively and physically improving. Energy level is pretty good.

I had a shock the other day. I received the first of the cost breakdowns that my insurance company gets from the hospital. For each treatment of Tysabri, the hospital is charging $13,000. yes, that's thirteen with three big o's on the end. That's almost $160,000 dollars a year yor me to get the treatment.

Thought you might need to know this. Im still gasping and coughing. Yes my insurance company is paying for it, but if I ever lose my insurance I'm going to be in huge trouble--even more so because of the potential for disease rebound on this drug. With MS you never know when you might not be able to work anymore--leading to loss of insurance--eading to loss of treatment--leading to loss of all gains and a three to five times rebound in the disease.

this cost factor is big. Check with your infusion provider before starting the drug. There is only one in my county.

Katty
katty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote