View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 09:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi Risible GIRL

To Lori , Its good to hear from someone from Seattle a little home sick these days. I down loaded the Mountain radio Station yesterday and it's good to hear what's happening up North, as that was my home for over 33 years.*Lori I've been dealing with this non sense with TBI/PCS for over 4 years now and it has been very painful for me to deal with and accept the personality changes that are caused by this disorder.I say stupid things can be very offensive have a 0 tolerance for non since and I get very very angerary over little things and I let people know right then and there that I'm upset and believe me I'm an Irishman so people know when I'M mad.This personality change of getting upset over non since is un acceptable to me and I'm having to learn ways to manage this in appropriate behavior. One of the first thing I did when I realized I was very very ill, it was at the 6 month mark that I realized I would not be putting my work boots on and returning to work or the person I was before I was injured my not be coming back anytime soon, was to set up a master mind group to help me work through this mental in sanity.*That support group consisted of 4 men and 1 women and these were men and women I could completely trust and share what was happening inside of me. People I have know for many years and that knew me and my character before I was hurt.We talked about this in another post. People with Tbi/PCS have to pretend to be someone they are not in our society in order to be functional or to appear to be functional.I'm currently putting together another master mind group for the treatment phase of this recovery process and I will recover from these injuries simplely because I believe I will. Lori I've always had Mentors, Spiritual Adviser, Master Mind Groups, and Real Friends in my life and many of these people are still apart of my life to.All I can do on this forum is share what is happening inside me and in my opinion sharing what going on inside is part of the healing process
.I know from my own experience that I can not recover from these mental injuries alone and that I have to try to help other people recover from this disorder if I'm going to recover
.Do you remember what you had for lunch last week I don't it kind of like that when we say stupid stuff
Thank you for sharing Lori, Thanks for being real, sometime it just hurtsTake Care. Jeffn*
jeffn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote