View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 10:09 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Heart Just Thinkin' Jo - and tossing it around

Jo - I agree with you that the saying is not the end-all on life explanations...hahaha. It actually sounds a little new-agey...

BUT, my point was / is considering that yes, we know our illness causes our loved ones pain and sadness and loss - but has anyone considered what our illness might teach our loved ones?

I never thought of it that way, until...now.

I've been so caught up in the sadness / futility of my illness.

But now I see that it may have taught some of my loved ones a few good life lessons that may actually make them better people, live a better life, and actually enjoy their lives more - than if we'd all just gone on the way it was...

Don't get me wrong, I don't want TOS!
And it has been darned hard for me to accept, accept, accept and try to be positive, rather than "checking out"...

I know that for more than a couple of us, it is a DAILY struggle or fight to stay on this planet. So for some reason, these thoughts gave me some measure of comfort and also distance from my own illness.

That's all. And I always share with you guys...hahaha, even if you don't agree with it, which is really "ok" with me - I do truly appreciate different views, even if sometimes my posts come off a little strong.

And again, does anyone else have any resonance with the idea that their illness has changed their family - but for some good? We already know and agree on the bad part - YES.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote