View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 10:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default I've been called one in a million...but???

Hi there all,
It's been so long since I've been to visit here and empathize with all of our situations. I apologize for the unavoidable break in conversation.

My Mom of 86 has come to live with my husband and myself since Aug. We've run around a lot to doctors, etc. but the holidays will be nice to have her here as it had been 9 years since we saw each other - though we spoke every day on the phone. She tells everyone, I'm physically fine, I just can't walk or see! She's a card!

I'm in a very confusing place right now. I'll try to keep this as short as possible. Back in mid-August I was told that the painful lumps on the top of my feet were bone spurs - went to foot dr. (who knew all about RSD) and proceeded to give me cortisone shots in both feet. Solution for most, for me - they first were itchy; then swollen, then blistered, painful - saw him every day - after day 4 went to ER - his recommendation as he didn't have a clue what went on.(neither did the ER) I asked him and my family dr. if they thought it could be a traveling of the RSD from my left hand/arm to the feet. They both said - it was not presenting like RSD usually does. Now it is four months later and I have a LOT of pain - my left hip and down to (some days) my shin - the toes pretty much hurt every night both feet - my lower back aches after just bending over for a SHORT time; my right knee somedays feels like it is coming off the knee cap. Shoulders and neck are sore; arms and hands feel useless. I feel like an old person who can barely keep up with myself!!!

So my first question I suppose is: after reading many of your stories, does or can RSD travel like this and does it sound like anyone else? My doc doesn't feel I should go back to the pain dr. yet - however, I believe he would support me if I felt it necessary. The foot doctor just calls the whole thing bizzare - nice man, but doesn't know as much as he thinks he does about this RSD adventure!

I think I'll stop here for now...thanks for listening - my hands/arms ache. Sorry. Hope all your holidays are coming together and I wish you pain free days and much peace for all who are suffering for more than physical pain and that means all the stories about loss of someone you loved. I send you hugs of comfort.
Thanks,
Cathy
Cathy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote