Thread: Need help
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 12:05 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Thanks Jo! I sure shook up the family today and took them to task.

Sent mom to the store to get all the stuff that helps nausea. My mom was freaking out saying she did not want to be the only sisiter left. I told her this was not about her and to go help her sister.

Called my aunts daughter and got her to call Dr cousin to get her prescriptions...got lortab and an anti nausea med. This should help her rest. She needs to sleep and get rehydrated and get some food in her. The daughter came around and was fine.

My aunt was mad at me, probably her husband too that is afraid to act against my aunts wishes. I hope with some rest and sleep she will feel better tomorrow and not be mad. I understand admitting that she was not feeling well and needed help might feel like this is going down hill. But everyone was overreacting and panicking and not thinking about my aunts comfort.

They all need to understand that ignorning the elephant in the room wont make it go away.

I tried to tell them I am not saying she is dying. She started new chemo drug and just feels awful. I tried to tell them for all we know its working and its why she feels bad. That either way this is a process and that during it whatever way it goes its important to communicate to doctor and make sure my aunt is comfortable.

I just dont get why from 3000 miles away I had to take charge and people cant use common sense.

Oh well I did the right thing but I will see if they are speaking to me tomorrow. Maybe they just hate it when I am right.
watsonsh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote