View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 12:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Lori

HI, well guess what - my mother used to say exactly the same thing about me. Usually it was just me being frank or saying what others were actually thinking.

Now it is a different story and when I realise I literally cringe! And yes it is personal stuff and I change conversations and just blert something out that has come into my mind. Ugh!!

To cope with this I tend now not to say much of anything in a social situation where people don't know the real me - and then you end up with a new issue to deal with - and that is thinking "why didn't I say something?"

Recently when out I noticed somebody looking at me strangely and immediately I thought oh no what have I said - then I realised I had become very loud without realising - how embarrassing! I mentioned this to the psychologist and she simply said "so what does it matter?" The answer to that of course is - it does not matter - unless I am still the picky perfectionist - very hard changing the way you see yourself.

Previously I could always be relied upon in a social situation, I was the Corporate wife for goodness sake and could deal with anybody and anything.

Now I no longer trust myself and around new people I am nervous - Yes it is all PCS - I studied up on that as it was another case of am I going crazy?

There is something that I have become aware of- since joining this site and going to the psychologist I have been forced to think and admit that I am very different to the old me - and it is so, so very hard.

Jeffn you are very lucky with your groups. I have hunted around and been in touch with the local Brain Injury Assn and have not found others like me. Most are very very impaired and I simply do not have the energy starting anything up anew - my 3 hours at work simply take all my good time - I am being honest here- and not feeling sorry for myself or lazy - groan there I go again justifying myself - will I ever learn?????

Lynlee

Last edited by Lucy; 12-16-2007 at 12:38 AM. Reason: it was a mess!!
Lucy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote