View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 12:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Yes, I knew I had PD

My PD was diagnosed almost 4 years ago, so yes, I knew, and lied. I have had tremendous guilt about it, and consequently, more stress, but at the time, I couldn't think of anything else to do to be given a chance to show I was capable before they pre judged me. I didn't sign up for company insurance and so, hopefully they don't have any way of knowing until I tell or show them through a worsening of symptoms. Next year my insurance costs will more than triple because my spouse is retiring and that will be hard, but still better than no job if I were to disclose or be found out after asking for the company plan. John and K Ibsen, what I want to know is, why would my pre existing condition be any different from somebody who has say, Breast Cancer, or AIDS, when they applied. I think it's wrong to single out a few particular conditions and ask about them, and not ALL serious conditions. Those illnesses are often life-threatening and expensive and debilitating just like ours, so what gives? Please explain the difference to me, because I definitely don't get it. Yes, I've heard they can fire me for being dishonest, but I was between a rock and a hard place, I think. I do believe honesty is in most cases the best policy but not when you may not be given a fair chance because of it. JL
Floridagal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote