View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

It's going to be an interesting Christmas around here this year for a lot of reasons. I just can't seem to get myself motivated to do anything.

I watched Polar Express the other night and like the movie...I can't seem to find the spirit this year. Either in the spiritual sense or emotional or any other way. I seem to be watching things happening around me as if I am not here. Detached.

What excites me most right now is spending the day, either Monday or Tuesday, making Gingerbread houses with my neighbor's two kids. They are 10 and 6, a boy and a girl. I am really looking forward to that!

I've done a little bit of shopping (online!), but no decorations, no tree, no cards. I still have my fall wreaths on my front door. I usually make wreaths for my front door (we have double front doors so I have two to make) and I want to, but just don't seem to be motivated.

Maybe it's because right now MS is kicking my butt.

I am planning to fly to Oklahoma to visit my sister and mom, but with the weather there? Who knows if I will even get there. My mom's health is bad. My sister has been running a FEMA emergency crew since the ice storms hit and is now tasked with another one due to the snow storms. She could use my help but not sure I can get there. I will try. It will give me something to do, something that will make a difference. I can help with the emergency crews and give her some relief! That makes me feel good. I can also cook...something I am very good at! She likes that!

My family doesn't know I have MS, I guess I should say that my mom and brother in OK don't. My sister does. She has enough medical training as an EMT that she figured out that something was wrong so I told her. But no one else does.

Curious --- no spit!!! I am proud of you! A few years ago, we all put together a DVD of pictures and videos of my dad. It is great!

As for Christmas? I am making my own inner peace this year, with the help of some very good friends.

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote