Thread: Goodbye Michi
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 11:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Unhappy

I'm so sorry, ((((((Claire)))))).

It took me a long-long time to realize -- as someone who's been on both sides of suicide -- that that ONE INSTANT in which one takes a step to stop everything would be a very brief instant if one would just allow the instant to evolve instead of taking a permanent step to a temporary problem.

If we all had the wisdom of hindsight and foresight at the same time -- suicide doesn't fix anything -- it transfers the pain to others who don't deserve it.

I lost a brother to suicide when I was 22 and he was 21. I've attempted suicide many-many times myself. It's taken decades for me to realize that the feeling of total hopelessness that used to drive me to attempt suicide doesn't last ... You'll hear a child laugh or the phone will ring or the lights will go out due to a power failure -- something will happen -- and the instant will shift.

If you don't act on that INSTANT -- your feelings will change. For anyone who happens to be thinking of suicide right this minute -- wait for the change/shift away from suicide. I PROMISE YOU -- it happens.

Barb

Suicide Prevention Cards

1-800-suicide

My Suicide-Related Bookmarks
(press the [page-down] key seven times)
moose53 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote