Thread: Lord Help Me
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 07:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

((((((Barbara)))))),

Some of us got stuck with AHS for relatives. Don't make yourself sick over STILL not getting what you want from these people.

YOU make sure that your blood pressure is well-controlled. Are you taking meds for that??

They're just inconsiderate zits on the @$$ of society. They don't get it. They're never going to get it.

I could go on-and-on in grand and glorious detail about the things that my family has done that are rude, crude, and inconsiderate -- not to mention, hurtful. But, I don't want to hog your thread.

If you're going to continue to have relationships with your brothers, you're gonna have to change the rules: they can't talk to you like that; they can't treat you like that. You can go out for coffee and dessert with Bro and talk about the weather. The DEEP STUFF you can leave for later for the people that care about you.

I know you're probably thinking that there's nobody like that now. There IS -- there's us. But, even if we weren't all here for you, it would be better for you to take care of your SELF and wait until there is someone in your real life that DOES CARE about you. Better to wait than to just accept any sort of treatment only because the names are the same or you grew up together or some of the genes match.

Barbara, we all know the kind of treatment that you deserve and the kind of treatment that you attract and how you treat people that you care about.

That means that you accept nothing less for yourself.

If people/brothers aren't able to treat you in a loving, caring, RESPECTFUL way, then you change the type of relationship that you have with them.

BIG HUGS (and love).

Barb